Solution of 494 - Kindergarten Counting Game

Problem Description
source: https://uva.onlinejudge.org/external/4/494.html

Everybody sit down in a circle. Ok. Listen to me carefully. 
     “Woooooo, you scwewy wabbit!”

 Now, could someone tell me how many words I just said?

Input 

Input to your program will consist of a series of lines, each line containing multiple words (at least one). A “word” is defined as a consecutive sequence of letters (upper and/or lower case). 

Output 

Your program should output a word count for each line of input. Each word count should be printed on a separate line.

Sample Input 

Meep Meep! 
I tot I taw a putty tat. 
I did! I did! I did taw a putty tat. 
Shsssssssssh ... I am hunting wabbits. Heh Heh Heh Heh ...

Sample Output 



10 
9

Solution:
#include<stdio.h>
#define max 100000

int main()
{
    int i, count,start;
    char ch[max];
    while(gets(ch))
    {
        count=0;
        start=0;
        for(i=0;ch[i]!='\0';i++)
        {

            if(((ch[i]>='a' && ch[i]<='z') || ( ch[i]>='A' && ch[i]<='Z')))
                start=1;
            else
            {
                if(start)
                {
                    count++;
                    start=0;

                }
            }

        }
        if(ch[i]=='\0' && start==1)
            count++;
        printf("%d\n",count);
    }
    return 0;
}
image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment - Share Knowledge and Experience